let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Nothing beats the clean air, fresh water & spectacular natural beauty of Sooke, BC, truly the jewel of the West Coast! Great opportunity to build the house of your dreams with sunny southern location in a preferred position in the exclusive Erinan Estates. Dramatic views of the Olympic Mountains and ocean views of the Straight of Juan de Fuca with beautiful sunsets are yours to enjoy year-round from this beau...
Picture Perfect Sunriver! This charming home features 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms PLUS a self contained 1 bedroom suite or awesome teen hangout space downstairs! The Stonewood Plan provides an inviting entry leading to a formal dining area with 9' ceilings, a large cozy living room with natural gas fireplace, lots of natural light and peaceful forest views, farmhouse style kitchen with eating bar & breakfast nook...Listed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Westshore
This near-new 3 bed 2 bath bungalow in sought after Rivers Edge Community is an absolute gem! Located in a lovely gated, mature community at Sunriver Estates, it backs onto tranquil green space, walking trails & the Sooke River. This patio style home features open concept living/dining room & spacious kitchen with quartz countertops, under-cabinet lighting, stainless appliances & high-end gas range. The prima...Listed by COLDWELL BANKER OCEANSIDE REAL ESTATE
Spacious, bright and airy rancher situated in a popular 55+ complex. 1,285 square feet of living space with 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths, nicely separated at opposite ends of the home. Features include large sunroom, private patio, fenced backyard, great separate studio - perfect for home office or hobby room, single car garage, outside natural gas line for BBQ, sprinkler system and much more. Located on a n...Listed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
Better than new Home with gorgeous views overlooking the mountains & Langford.This over 2600 sqft home has it all! You'll love the bright open entry main level, the white spacious kitchen with oodles of cabinets, stone countertops and the huge island is sure to please open to the living room with chic gas fireplace, slider to large entertainment sized deck the perfect spot to soak in those incredible views. T...
Built in 2019 this Luxe Condo is everything you've been looking for! Situated on the quiet side of the building, this spacious unit offers a bright kitchen with Stainless Appliances, beautiful white quartz counters and contemporary tile accents. The open concept plan has a large living room and dining room off the kitchen, and a balcony for your BBQ. The good sized master bedroom boasts a beautiful 3-piece en...Listed by RE/MAX CAMOSUN
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015