let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
Better than new Home with gorgeous views overlooking the mountains & Langford.This over 2600 sqft home has it all! You'll love the bright open entry main level, the white spacious kitchen with oodles of cabinets, stone countertops and the huge island is sure to please open to the living room with chic gas fireplace, slider to large entertainment sized deck the perfect spot to soak in those incredible views. T...
Island Living at its Finest! BUILD THE HOUSE OF YOUR DREAMS IN THE PRESTIGIOUS ERINAN ESTATES! This 0.32 acre lot is one of the LAST large lots left in the popular neighbourhood of million dollar homes. Stunning views of the Olympic mountains & ocean views of the Straits of Juan Fuca! Picture your light filled south-facing home taking in that magnificent outlook! The already built-out and upscale neighbourhoo...Listed by RE/MAX ISLAND PROPERTIES
Purpose-built side by side duplex. Zoned RM-3, Multiple-family Residential. Originally built in 1959, 2 bedrooms on each side with living room, dining area, kitchen, and 4 piece bath plus laundry. Great opportunity for the investor or extended families. Both sides will be vacant at the end of April. Future potential to expand or strata title. Call now for an appointment to view some notice required for showing.Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Sidney
For more info click Multimedia - This well looked after split-entry 5 bedroom / 3 bathroom home located in Ladysmith offers room for everyone. The kitchen has tons of cabinets, large island, skylight and dining area with access to deck. The living room has a fireplace, and large picture window that allows you to enjoy all the natural light. Downstairs offers a 2 bedroom in-law suite with separate entrance and...Listed by PG DIRECT REALTY LTD.
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015